Friday, March 9, 2012

Now hear this (and thanks)

Readers respond:

I checked out your blog. Fascinating! I love reading words about wine that I actually understand - informative words with a poetic finish, so to speak. I especially enjoyed the Jim Law and Rutger de Vink section (East Coast’s Most Expensive Cab, 3/5).

Lindy

Washington DC

Ben Bradley made you the wine writer for the Washington Post, way back post Watergate, and I guess you’ve never gotten over it. While people are usually telling me to put a cork in it, you’re telling me to take a cork out of it. Most of the soil, grape and French arrogance nuances are lost on me, but I now completely understand why I felt like s___ after I drank two bottles of not-exactly Ripple. Not to mention feeling somehow unfulfilled. There's very good writing here, good evidence of the Conaway bite, and some decent commentary on the vine.

Dan

Memphis


Please sign up at right or you can contact me at conawayjim@gmail.com

1 comment: